Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Orkut - Why can't I control my communities?

It is not so long ago, I've written about Orkut death, and other couple of posts about Orkut and now I'm here with couple of reasons why could it happen at anytime.

Recently I'm able to see increasing number of communities in Orkut both good and bad and very bad communities.. Even some of our Indian web-site have written like Google is going to shut down the communities in Orkut after many protests in India, and many other incidents recently. I want to ask only one question to Google Inc.,

Why can't i control my communities notifications like the messages to my "orkut Messages". My Messages are flooded from many communities where I'm member of it. Someone says my son is a member of more than 800 communities then how can it be useful to receive all the messages in Orkut Messages? Why cant you give me control over the communities i joined at least? or Is it a sign of Shutting down communities in orkut? - Or is it time to join any other social networking sites?

No comments: